Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Reflections from my past. 2008 onwards, as I headed into my CFS Journey

Lately I have been sorting thru some old blogposts, having thought I was locked out of them a number of years ago, when I tried to migrate my first blog into a newer format. Trouble was it was in the midst of my quite extreme Brain Fog, which is so much better now, (I think? lol) I did make about 12 posts in the new one so today I thought I'd see if I could repost them into the old one. Tricky but do-able. In the process I realised I could screenshot some photos I once lost in laptop meltdowns. Now I wish I'd posted more photos back then as I have lost so many photos over the years. The most exciting ones for me at this point in time, are of my first days creating my studio here at Mystic Lakes. It is great to be able to look back in this visual diary. To read snippets relating to my declining health, when I knew nothing about CFS Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Or CFS/ME -Myalgic Encephalomyelitis: From March 2009 - "Things are beginning to look organised and ready for my new creative surge, which I am prepping up, pumping up, trying to zap myself into gear, after this year or more of depleted health, trying to drag me under...... .....But "I come from a Land Down Under............where women glow, and paint Rainbows....."
If only I'd known back then what was going on ...... !!!! https://artnomadix-meg.blogspot.com/2009/03/studio-nearly-sorted-ready-for-easy-use.html
From December 2009 "Aaaaaah I feel I have crawled out of the wilderness.....I have begun to paint again ! It has been sooooo long since I have had the energy and motivation to be creative.....which is quite unusual for me." From December 2009 "After the celebrations are done with again... Mum's birthday 22nd and christmas! ..I can get back to painting work...........that exhausted me!! Next day after birthday, I had to go shopping for forgotten items from previous shop, and forgot just as much, as my brain just didn't seem to be functioning, (low iron,anaemia!?). Got back, and felt totally stuffed." https://artnomadix-meg.blogspot.com/2009/12/aaaaaah-i-feel-i-have-crawled-out-of.html
From 27th March 2010 - "I recently learnt that the annual fibre exhibition at Blue Knob Hall Gallery is happening in April this year, so I have until April 11 to get my pieces ready, and since I haven't been being very productive lately, I must get working quickly." [ A deadline really helped me over-ride my fatigue, at the time. I managed to focus and got 9 new pieces done in time, and also had 7 hats in their shop area, in just 2 weeks!] Can't remember how I faired afterwards [PEM] https://artnomadix-meg.blogspot.com/2010/04/fibre-exhibition-pieces.html
From December 2010 - "Well ..... what has been happening in my artistic life lately ....? Not much in the way of creations, as I struggle to find energy within, to complete the re-organisation of my studio, which is much smaller than my old warehouse in North Melbourne....... aaaah ......(dreams of all that space .....!) Yet it is far bigger than a camper van or little bus ! So I can't complain. I am way behind on the last few finishing off jobs on the bus also" From April 2013 after 2 or 3 years of no posts!- Brain Fog! "Testing Testing Testing ..... I can finally post in here again !! after a long spell where none of my posts would publish ?? I had decided to overhaul my blog, or start a fresh one and saved all the old posts etc to copy the important ones to new blog.....then I also decided to try a new format with this one when I couldn't actually re-post into the new blog ( nothing would publish!) Then I couldn't access my blog ..... I had to make new passwords, forgot the new passwords? or they/something wouldn't work?? Aiiieeeh ! it was an online nightmare, nothing I tried worked, so I have just left it by the by..... Today a friend has returned to writing in her blog after along break after being 'blog bullied', and so I made a comment, went to post it,got directed to Log In, typed in new password, it 'Worked' this time ! ....lost the comment posted on friend's blog! ....... but found out I have access back in here ! ........(fingers crossed) " "Helena Post said... yay! Glad you're back :)" "ArtNomadix said... Yes so am I ....turns out my comment didn't get lost in the ether after all ..... weird hehe Still can't log in to my newer blog to see if that will allow me to post in there yet ..... will try some more trix" - Brain Fog! From 22nd April 2013 - " Artwork needs creative energy ...... Creative Energy needs vital life energy ......... and passion ! I am regaining my Energy ...... I 'Will' my Creative Energy, back into the Vibrancy of my younger self ...... I will conquer the Fatigue that has been sapping the life out of me for 4 years" April 29th 2013 - "Mad Beanieologist Books Tickets to Beaniefest !! Yay ! After a 4 year absence, I am once again heading out to Alice Springs this June for a week of Beanie Madness. " [Thankfully Beaniefest CEO put me up in a Hotel in town which really made it heaps easier than the next time I flew in in 2015(?) where I took overnight train to Sydney, flying to Alice and stayed in a Backpackers. I was so exhausted from lack of sleep, I had a terrible time, broke down in tears over silly things, and just didn't have enough energy to cope. Was almost a disaster.] Tuesday, April 30, 2013 30 Beanies to make in 3 weeks Challenge Right....... ....not in my usual style..... Friday, May 17, 2013 48 Hats in 17 Days !
29th January 2014 - " In my endeavours to focus more energy this year into my online shop, (as I get help with my health/energy/detoxing mercury) , I am making listings showcasing some of the many unique hats that I have made during my 25 year herstory of hat making, and suggesting people consider a Custom Order. [Not sure atm what year it was when I learnt I had CFS. I know it was after the full hysterectomy for massive fibroids that I had assumed was the cause. I felt good for two weeks, and then wham! I was back to Fatigue and brain fog etc.] Sunday, July 26, 2015 Aaaaaah ........ finally ....I have been able to work out how to gain access back into my original blog.... it has been over a year..... ( I made a new blog with a new email, then couldn't sign in to this one.... mustta been too fatigued to work it out...

No comments: