Sunday, July 26, 2015

Happy Birthday to my Dad ..... Thanks for my Genes

Happy Birthday to my dad Ian who would have been 87 today, he would love that I have continued onto to be the family photographer, and would enjoy these photos. He would have also enjoyed the wondrous world of digital photography, that we are blessed with today. He would be amazed that we can shoot straight into the sun like this, and thanks to the high ice crystal cloud, capture a glorious Carona around the sun.....



I have always heard about Glory Bows, but I had never been fortunate enough to see on. Last month, I found myself in one, on my morning walk up the ridge above us .... truly magical to dance in one, utterly Glorious !



Ian was a phenomenal scientist, a Bacteriologist, a Virologist and a Micro-Biologist .... a real mouthful for me to say in Grade One, when asked "What does your dad do ?) I wish I'd known I could just say Scientist ! 

1 comment:

grace said...

Hi Megan, How funny to find you here, I remember your Dad, a very special man who was able to let his children be themselves and follow their dreams. I remember him helping you put together North Melbourne. Miss you guys, we are down on the SW coast braving this cold and windy winter. Give our love to Michael, Sally and your mum. Hope to catch up with you all somehow/somewhere, all our love Rebecca and Chris pretty sure you'll get my email with this comment, love to hear from you :)