Sunday, June 25, 2023

An Emu stole my Beanie, but Won the Acquisition Prize !

My 2023 beanie entry in the 27th Alice Springs Beanie Festival [Beaniefest], 'An Emu stole my Beanie' won me a coveted award. My beanies have been acquired by the Beaniefest in the past [Winter in Alice back in 2006,
and Pagoda of Heavenly Peace, 2009,
currently on display at the Alice Springs Airport]. But I have never actually won that category. This is my 6th first prize, and I have been trying to work my way thru all the categories, since 2003, when I won the Flora and Flora Award.
The following year, I won the Spirit of the Land, with my now Signature Beanie, my Sunset Silhouette of Emus and trees.

I have over the years since then, had 7 Special Mentions, the second place, which is great, but at times frustrating. There have been two special mentions in the Mad Hatters category, one of which, felt annoying, as it was so clearly aimed at the main theme of that year, 'A Head Full of Love'. But you get that, don't you, lol.
[The winner and runner-up beanies, were quite insipid beanies, and I really couldn't fathom the judges of that year, apart from mine, there were several that ought to have been voted way above the two selected.]
'Tho I have had two beanies Acquired, as special mentions,I have never won that category. I have also never won the People's Choice Award, something that has been on my Bucket List, since 2008 when I came in 2nd AND 3rd! Second by only 4 or 5 votes! If only I hadn't entered two interesting beanies, neither of which placed in the other awards. My Alice Koala Puppet Hat
and my Greenie Beanie,
made from an odd assortment of things found in my bottom drawer.
So tonight I still have my fingers crossed for the Peopl's Choice Award which will be announced tomorrow afternoon around 2pm,

No comments: